Providing cover designed for motor trades and tyre retailers
Currently servicing over 500 tyre retailers, member groups and franchisees, Marsh Advantage Insurance has a thorough understanding of the business risks that your industry faces and can arrange insurance programs for TyrePlus and Michelin retailers.
One of the most pressing business risks that your business faces daily relates to the protection of your customer vehicles. Our experienced motor trades insurance team at Marsh Advantage Insurance will arrange motor trade public liability cover to address this ongoing risk.
Minimum recommended cover for TyresPlus and Michelin retailers
In addition to motor trade public liability insurance, TyrePlus and Michelin retailers have access to a range of additional solutions that may help reduce losses associated with running your business. Essential motor trade insurance solutions for your business that you should consider include:
- Property insurance covers the contents, machinery, equipment and stock located on your business property from damage or loss occuring from specified events such as accidental damage, theft and fire. This motor trades insurance policy covers to include flood.
- Marsh Advantage Insurance also understands that there is more to protecting your business that simply insuring your physical assets. Should a property loss occur, you may find yourself in a position where you cannot effectively operate. Business interruption insurance covers your business's financial position, should such an event occur, providing peace of mind.
Emerging risks and trends for TyresPlus and Michelin retailers to consider
While property insurance and public liability cover takes care of the necessities, there are many emerging threats in the industry that could have a substantial impact on your day-to-day business.
Marsh Advantage Insurance understands the risks and trends that have an impact on your business. As a result, we’re able to arrange a broad range of cover options for your business, while aiming to keep your costs contained.
Key considerations that your tyre retailer business needs to be aware of:
- Even in the most careful workplaces, mistakes can happen. When this occurs, your business may be liable to rectify instances of faulty workmanship which can potentially be costly and time consuming. Fortunately, you can receive protection to mitigate this risk.
- Did you know that you could be liable for any damages resulting from advice you have provided to customers on products and their installation or usage? Mitigate this risk with errors and omissions insurance.
- Tyre retailers are also required to adhere to statutory requirements, including Workplace Health and Safety regulations, any building requirements and equipment maintenance and usage. If either you or your employees fail to adhere to such regulations, you could be exposed to hefty penalties. You should consider statutory liability insurance.
- Workplace bullying is estimated to cost the Australian economy between $6 billion and $36 billion annually1. As an employer or business owner, it is imperative to create workplaces free from such behaviour. Employees and former employees have the ability to sue your business for any bullying, discrimination or harrassment that has occured in the workplace, which can have a potentially costly impact. Fair Work policies also require employers to adhere to fair payment and appropriate termination procedures, which means that employees can also make claims of underpayment and unfair dismissal, should they feel obligiations have not been met. Allegations of this kind are very serious, however, employment practices liability insurance offers protection for you personal liability for these alleged wrongful acts.
- The risk of a cyber breach is very real for any business that has embraced the digital age. Any business that holds client information and operates in the online space could potentially be exposed to significant costs and business interruption resulting from a cyber-attack.
For full details of the terms, conditions and exclusions of the covers, please refer to the Product Disclosure Statements (PDS) and policy wordings, which can be requested here.
Don't let your insurance program go flat!
Call the Tyre Retailers team now on 1300 307 563 or email us at email@example.com
1 Source: 2018. Why is workplace bullying so widespread and rising?
Notices: This page contains general information and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Any statements concerning legal matters are based solely on our experience as insurance brokers and risk consultants and are not to be relief upon as legal advice, for which you should consult your own professional advisors. The Coverage Summary is prepared as a brief outline of cover. It is not a complete description of all the policy's terms, conditions and exclusions which determine coverage for a claim. For full details of the terms conditions and exclusions of the covers please refer to the Product Disclosure Statements (PDS) and policy wordings, which can be requested here. Marsh Advantage Insurance Pty Ltd (ABN 31 081 358 303, AFSL 238369) arranges the insurance and is not the insurer.
When arrange Public and Products Liability insurance products, Marsh Advantage act under binding authority on behalf of certain underwriters at Lloyd's of London and not on your behalf. Marsh makes no representation or warranty concerning the application of policy wordings or the financial condition or solvency of insurers or re-insurers.