Who insures this policy?
Sportscover Australia Pty Ltd under an authority from Lloyd's.
Period of insurance
30th September 2021 to 30th September 2022.
This insurance cover only relates to the period noted above. If this insurance cover is cancelled or renewed the information on this website will be updated accordingly. In the absence of such notification do not assume that the policy has or will be renewed unless Tennis Australia has advised accordingly.
Which establishments are covered under this policy?
- Tennis ACT Ltd
- Victorian Tennis Association trading as Tennis Victoria Ltd
- Tennis New South Wales Ltd
- Royal Queensland Lawn Tennis Association trading as Tennis Queensland
- Tennis SA Inc
- Western Australia Tennis Association trading as Tennis West
- Tennis Tasmania
- Tennis NT Inc
- Tennis Seniors Australia Inc
- Tennis Officials Australia Inc
- Tennis Australia Coaches Membership affiliates
This includes affiliated bodies, associations and clubs, together with all playing and non-playing members, coaches, officials, first aid personnel, administrators, directors, officers, officials and voluntary workers of these bodies and clubs.
Who is covered under this policy?
Affiliated clubs for their legal liability for personal injury and property damage as per the terms and conditions of the policy including, but not limited to:
- all members
- affiliated regional, district, branch and club members
- committee members
- club directors
- club officers
- office bearers
- Hot Shots participants
- talent squads
- technical officers
- technical officials
- all voluntary workers including co-opted volunteers
- prospective members for up to four (4) weeks after initial approach
- guest players where applicable
- Any office bearer or member of an unincorporated or incorporated social and/or sporting club, welfare organisation or child care facilities affiliated with the insured and/or formed with the consent of the Insured but only in respect of claims arising from duties connected with activities of any such club, organisation and/or facility.
How much is cover?
The limits of indemnity are:
Limits of Liability
|Geographical Limits|| Worldwide
|Limit of Liability||$30,000,000 any one occurrence|
|Professional Indemnity||$10,000,000 any one claim and in the aggregate any one policy year|
|Aggregate Limit – Products liability||$30,000,000 any one occurrence|
|Excess||$1,000 each and every occurrence Coaches - $500 each and every occurrence|
When are you covered?
The policy protects your legal liability for damages, claimant's costs and expenses including legal costs (excluding punitive or exemplary damages) if you suffer personal injury or property damage as a result of your work, during the policy period as per the terms and conditions of the policy.
Important information - Public liability
Your current policy schedule must be read together with the policy wording as a complete contract of insurance.
Please note this is a group policy where all insured Tennis Australia affilitated associations, bodies, clubs, coaches and other insured entities/persons are covered by a single contract of insurance sharing the same public liability, products liability and professional indemnity policy limits of indemnity (i.e limit of liability or sum insured and/or any sub-limits provided by the policy in respect of certain aspects of cover) expressed in the Policy Schedule and/or policy wording. This means that if applicable limit(s) of indemnity or sub-limits in respect of certain aspects of cover are exhausted by an occurance or claim against some entities, then there may not be any cover remaining.