Insurance Solutions for Gymnastics Australia
Since 2017, Marsh Advantage Insurance has been working with Gymnastics Australia as the appointed broker for the National Risk Protection Program. This program, provides a set of Insurance policies and specific risk management modules, to help protect the needs of different membership categories at a nationally negotiated rate. Working in collaboration with Gymnastics Australia, Marsh Advantage Insurance has developed a comprehensive understanding of the unique risks that gymnastic clubs, coaches and members face, allowing us to arrange a package that meets your needs.
National Risk Protection Program
When you register with your state body as an affiliated club, you’re automatically provided with cover* through the National Risk Protection Program. This program provides cover for:
- Public Liability: With spectators, suppliers, non-participants including judges and other members of the public visiting the gym, your club could be exposed to a range of public liability risks. Not to mention, club members, employees and voluntary workers may participate in acts that could be considered negligent. Your gymnastics club may offer trial periods for prospective members who will also need to be protected. If a third party suffers from personal injury or damage from activities of the club or its members, you could be liable to pay for the damages. Through the National Risk Protection Program, your club will automatically receive public liability cover*, providing protection for you for potential negligent acts. Activities that your club will be covered for include but are not limited to, coaching, holiday and school programs, competitions, training, seminars and meetings, facility hire, educational courses, fund raising events and promotional activities associated with the sport of gymnastics.
For full details on the terms, conditions and exclusions of the Public Liability cover, please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and policy wording, here.
- Group Personal Accident: With every jump, new skill, twist or turn, even the most trained and skilled athletes have the potential to injure themselves, forcing dedicated athletes to withdraw from training or competitions. Not to mention, coaches and club owners are not without risk to injury, often demonstrating maneuvers or repositioning equipment, making them susceptible to accidents that could potentially be costly due to medical expenses and loss of salary. Group Personal Accident insurance provides cover for medical expenses that are not covered by Medicare, loss of income and capital benefits, should the insured sustain an injury or death.
For full details on the terms, conditions and exclusions of the Group Personal Accident cover please refer to the and policy wording, here.
- Management Liability: As a gymnastics club owner or manager, you may often be required to handle a variety of responsibilities and manage the expectations of numerous stakeholders, including athletes, parents, suppliers and more. This could potentially expose you to managerial risks, including health and safety issues, employment related allegations or crime related losses. You could even be liable for the decisions you make if it is alleged that you breached your rights and responsibilities as a business owner or manager. Management Liability Insurance aims to provide managers with protection against these risks. Such policies can include Directors and Officers Liability Cover for allegations relating to management and their decisions, employment practices liability for employee or former employees, claims of underpayment, unfair dismissal, discrimination, bullying and harassment, as well as crime loss cover. Professional Indemnity Insurance is also included, providing protection for professional advice given by coaches.
Fo more details on the terms, conditions and exclusions of the Management Liability cover, please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement and policy wording, here.
*There is the option to opt out of this cover if it is already purchased elsewhere. Please refer to your state association.
Other risks for Gymnastics Clubs and Insured Athletes to consider
While the National Risk Protection Program provides necessary cover to Gymnastics clubs nationwide, there may be other risks you need to be mindful of.
- With thousands of dollars of equipment used daily at gymnastics clubs, contents / equipment insurance provides much needed protection should any equipment be damaged or stolen and need to be repaired or replaced.
If you own your building, we can cover this too. To request a quote please complete the application form found here and email this to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Whilst the personal accident insurance provides cover in the event of an injury, due to legislation it is limited to non-Medicare medical expenses.
We highly recommend that all insureds consider private health insurance and income protection insurance.
Disclaimer: When arranging the insurance products referred to on this website, these are underwritten by various insurers. When arranging such cover Marsh Advantage Insurance will advise you of the underwriter and capacity in which we act (for some of the insurance products the insurers have granted Marsh Advantage Insurance authority to issue, vary and cancel insurance on their behalf, and in such situations we do not act on your behalf, we will disclose such situations to you).